Monday, March 9, 2009

Uni Student Nightmares

At around lunchtime today I was growing more and more hungry.

I wandered around the kitchen, searching for leftovers that could be cooked in 3 minutes in the microwave, and was struck by a brilliant idea of brilliance: Two minute noodles!

Inside the pantry I found a big bag of sugar, tomato sauce, a bag of rice and some biscuits... but no 2 minute noodles.



This guy would probably go on a homicidal ninja rampage if he ran out of 2 minute noodles.




I gasped in horror and immediately my brain started descending into a pit of insanity. Insanity meaning that I was readily considering strolling down the road to our local Disgusting Fried Animal Restaurant to eat. This is not good.

I realised that I was experiencing a Uni Student Nightmare.


As I munch on a poor unfortunate but delicious creature (sorry RSPCA), I thought up some more Uni Student Nightmares...

- Running out of beer/coffee.

- The pub no longer takes your student discount card. Or in my case, it burns down soon after you have scored said card.

- The guild bar is closed.

- Lecturers who don't put their lectures online, thus screwing you over when you have to skip your lecture due to sleeping/procrastinating/killer hangover...

- Centrelink.

- Listening to a fellow student who lives at home, wearing trendy clothes, bitching about how they can't afford an iPod.

- Pretentious students who actually put up their hand and talk for a very long time or ask complicated questions in lectures.

- When someone's phone rings in a lecture.

- When your phone rings in a lecture.

- Finding out that the dude who's been stalking you for the last semester is in your lecture/tute.

- Finding out the guy you're stalking isn't in your lecture/tute.

- 8am classes.

- The idea that eventually you won't be able to be a uni slacker any more, but rather a contributing member of society with a real job...

Terrifying!

1 comment:

Peter Taggart said...

great idea - you should maybe turn this into a feature.
I have a few more:

* accidently becoming something of a "tutors pet" and rather appropriately, recieving the scorn of fellow classmates.

* arriving in the middle of a packed lecture with everyone staring at you (this is my personal nightmare)

and, following on from something you mentioned...

* listening to rich, pretentious student's about how they are going to France "to summer" when you know the most exotic place you will be going is beenleigh.

Past posts