Sunday, July 1, 2007

World of Evilcraft

I've said it before and I'll say it again - World of Warcraft is an evil game.
It doesn't seem evil at first. For those who don't know, it's basically an RPG like an old Final Fantasy game - you select from a range of classes that pre-determine your abilities, level up and go on quests. The only difference is that as opposed to solely interacting with computer generated characters, they're real people.

Sounds harmless doesn't it?

WRONG. I've noticed a trend with World of Warcraft, and that is its ability to cause evil around the world.

First of all, you have to pay to play it. Not only do you have to buy the game itself but you have to pay about $20 each month to play it. Truly satanic.
Kids around Asia have died from playing it, simply from forgetting to eat and digest. Men have left their wives for some hot elf chick they've met online. A dude killed another dude (in real life, not in the game) because he stole a sword off him.

And now a 30 year old woman has abducted a 16 year old boy she met on it.

Never has such a game been responsible for so much death and social destruction. Perhaps World of Warcraft is cursed. Or maybe there are too many bloody nerds with dependency issues. How pathetic. Some people really need to get a life.

(Sorry this blog entry took a while to write, I was playing Runescape. My combat level went up to 14 and now I can totally pwn some n00bz. 1337.)

1 comment:

Aaron J. Milligan said...

I really thought you were leading into something profound and intelligent there...but then I read the last line.

GOD, Ellie, you're gonna kill me making me laugh so hard one of these days.

Past posts